photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 28, 2014

Fabulous Room Friday 03.28.14


My goodness, has it been a crazy week! We have been going non-stop between meetings, design presentations, and wrapping up some projects at my house for a big photo shoot today. Needless to say, I am ready for the weekend. I have spent the last few weekends working, but I think I may need to actually unplug and recharge my batteries this weekend. 

Lately, I've been really gravitating towards canopy beds as opposed to upholstered headboards and I think a high shine, polished chrome version such as this one in a bedroom by Ruthie Sommers is so chic, especially because it is paired with warmer, much more traditional pieces. The juxtaposition is so stylish. In my opinion, the bed is the star of the room, but everything else works so nicely together. The room is subtle, collected, and doesn't feel overly "designed". It looks like the perfect place to rest over the weekend!

{Image via Ruthie Sommers}

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful combination of furniture in 1 room!

Sarah - Tasting Lifestyle

http://tastinglifestyle.blogspot.be

Suzi (The Pillow Studio) said...

I love the detail of the contrasting buttons on the chaise.

Karena said...

Loving this bedroom Paloma, the chaise is delightful!

xoxo
Karena
Artist William Glackens

Lily L-M said...

You can never go wrong with an Hermes blanket :)

xo Lily
http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

Laurel said...

I've been a fan of Ruthie ever since she had that cool cover of that magenta settee on Domino. I've been looking at her work a lot recently for inspiration for a new fun project I'm working on. Can't wait to see your photos! xo, Laurel